Wednesday 30 October 2013

Auteur Study

For my Auteur Study, I am going to investigate the film-maker Ridley Scott; director of Alien, Gladiator, Robin Hood, Black Hawk Down and many other famous titles both modern and old. My main focus for my investigation will be finding sources and information to help answer the question: Does Ridley Scott retain a signature style whilst working in different genres?

To answer this question, I am going to study and research into four different films, each directed by Ridley Scott himself:

  • Alien 
  • Blade Runner 
  • Gladiator 
  • Prometheus

The reason I have chosen these four films is because they each have their own individual stories that aren't related at all to each other (Excluding both Alien and Prometheus) and each of them are of fairly different genres, which helps me to look into Scott's work across multiple genres and decipher whether he still does or doesn't retain a signature style of directing throughout his work. The reason I have chosen to look into four instead of simply three films to help my research is because both Alien and Prometheus are connected both story and genre wise, making them seem as an item, however I will be sure to make my main studies focus heavily on the three titles Alien, Gladiator and Blade Runner; whereas Prometheus will simply be a minor focus film to aid my investigation further.

No comments:

Post a Comment